President Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, July 30, appointed the former Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, Jim Obazee, as a special investigator to probe the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Obazee is tasked with investigations of the Central Bank of Nigeria and significant government business entities.
Here are five things you might not know about Special Investigator, Obazee
- Born Jim Osayande Obazee, on March 28, 1965, he is a native of Edo State.
2. He is 58-year-old.
3. Obazee holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of Benin. He proceeded to the University of Lagos for a Master’s in the same discipline.
4. Obazee is certified in Strategic Financial Analysis for Business Evaluation from Harvard University, United States of America.
People Also Read: Why Tinubu Didn’t Attach Portfolio To Ministerial Nominees List
5. He served as the Chairman of the 29th Session of the International Standards of Accounting and Reporting and also chaired the Committee of the Roadmap to the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Nigeria.
6. He served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, from November 2010 to January 2017.