Just in: Osun records 2 new COVID-19 cases

Osun relaxes lockdown, introduces dusk-to-dawn curfewThe Osun government says it has recorded two new cases of coronavirus in the state.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr Rafiu Isamotu, in a statement on Sunday in Osogbo, said that the new cases were confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Saturday night.

Isamotu said that the cases were those of the wife and son of a coronavirus patient in Ile-ife, who died last week.

“Last night, we received results of 53 samples we sent to the NCDC-accredited testing centre for evaluation, out of which two tested positive and 51 returned negative.

READ ALSO: Just in: Buhari appoints NAICOM, NDIC board members

“The two positive cases are wife and son of a previously confirmed case in Ife, who died last week.

“They are currently receiving treatment at our isolation centre,” he said.

With the development, Isamotu that the state now had 36 confirmed cases.

Out of the 36 cases of COVID-19 in the state, 22 had been treated and discharged, while three had died.

ibrandtv.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.