If you are a small business holder in Ogun State, something good is here for you. The Ogun State Government has commenced the second phase of the disbursement of the ₦1 billion grant to micro and small enterprises.
The initiative aims to alleviate poverty and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on businesses in the state.
It was announced by the Commissioner for Industry, Trade, and Investment and a member of the Ogun State COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus Steering Committee, Mr. Adebola Sofela.
According to the statement released on Monday, the Commissioner announced that Governor Dapo Abiodun has directed the immediate commencement of the disbursement process for the second phase of the grants.
According to the statement, in the first batch, over ₦120 million was disbursed by the Ogun state government.
The disbursement was to more than 1,000 micro and small entrepreneurs across the 20 local government areas of the state.
People Also Read: See Companies Locally Manufacturing/Assembling Vehicles In Nigeria
Who Can Apply?
Micro & Small Enterprises in any of the following:
- Hair & Beauty
- Light Manufacturing
What The Grant Is For
- Payment of Utilities such as: Water, Electricity, Internet Service Subscription and so on
- Payment of Rent for Office, Shop, and Cold Room Rent
- Payment of Salaries (Evidence must be provided)
Eligible Enterprises Must:
- Be located in Ogun State
- Have a minimum of three employees
- Have been in operation for at least 2 years
- Profitability of business must have been reduced as a result of COVID -19 Pandemic.
How To Apply
1. Click on Select State and choose Ogun State. Then click on “Go to Portal”
2. Then click on Apply.
3. You will be asked to fill in the following details:
- Business name
- What kind of business? (General services/Artisans, Specialised Services, Agriculture (Crop and Livestock),
- Transportation/Logistics, Trading and Manufacturing)
- What kind of –? (Here, you will be able to select your specific business type)
- How much sales (in naira) do you currently make monthly?
- What date/year did you open your business
- Phone number of head of business
- Number of employees
- First name of head of business
- Last name of head of business
- Email of head of business
- Date of birth of head of business
- Gender of head of business
- State of business
- LGA of business
Lastly, Click on Submit.
Note that Businesses who apply in multiple states or states wherein they do not operate will be disqualified.