28-year-old man raped 17-year-old girl until she passed momentarily out

28-year-old man raped 17-year-old girl until she passed momentarily out
Godday Robinson

Ogun State police command have arrested a 28-year-old man, Godday Robinson, for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl (name withheld) and attempting to murder her.

The suspect, according to a statement by the command’s spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, in Abeokuta yesterday was arrested on Thursday, April 24, following a report received by the policemen attached to Agbara area command that a young lady was lying unconscious in a ten feet deep pit in a nearby bush.

Upon receiving the report, Oyeyemi said the Area Commander of Agbara, ACP Bolanle Muritala, detailed his men to the scene where the young lady was rescued with the help of members of the public and she was quickly taken to a hospital.

Oyeyemi explained, “Having regained her consciousness, the victim explained to the police that on the day before, while she was coming from night duty which she performed in the company where she works, the suspect who has been making advances to her before, accosted her.

READ ALSO: Man raped 17-years-old wife to death 20 days after wedding

“The suspect capitalised on the isolated nature of the area and dragged her into the bush where he forcefully raped her, dispossessed her of her Galaxy Samsung phone valued at N85,000 and then strangled her until she passed out momentarily.

“Having believed that she is dead, he dragged her further into the bush and dumped her into the pit. After some time, she came back to life and started shouting for help. On the strength of her explanation, the area Commander ACP Bolanle Muritala, gave a marching order to his detectives that the suspect must be traced and apprehended.

“The detectives swung to action immediately, traced the suspect and got him arrested on the April 24. On interrogation, the suspect made a confessional statement and owned up to the commission of the crime but blamed it on the devil”, Oyeyemi added.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Kenneth Ebrimson, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to state criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.