NNPC, TotalEnergies Commence Oil Production In Nigeria

Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has begun production of oil from the Ikike oil field in Nigeria. The NNPC began oil production with its partner TotalEnergies at the Ikike oil field.

TotalEnergies is a French oil and energy company which operates on the OML99 licence with a 40% stake while the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) owns the remaining 60% interest.

You Can Read: https://ibrandtv.com/afdb-set-to-present-report/

Oil production from the field is expected to reach a peak production capacity of 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) by the end of this year.

Ikike, is located 20km off the coast and at a water depth of approximately 20m, the Ikike platform is tied back through a 14km multiphase pipeline to the existing Amenam offshore facilities.

Senior vice-president of TotalEnergies Africa exploration and production, Henri-Max Ndong-Nzue explained that “TotalEnergies is pleased to start production at Ikike, which was launched a few months before the Covid pandemic, and whose success owes a lot to the full mobilisation of the teams. By tapping discoveries close to existing facilities, this project fits the company’s strategy of focusing on low-cost and low-emission oil projects.”

Ndong-Nzue further explained that the project makes use of existing facilities to reduce costs and it is designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.