Nigerian government has on Sunday condemned in great terms, the alleged demolition of a residential building in its diplomatic premises by unknown persons.
Buhari through the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, asked Cyril Ramaphosa, the president of Ghana to bring to book the perpetrators of this heinous crime.
Recall that yesterday some armed men invaded the Nigerian high commission in Accra, and destroyed some apartments under construction.
Report had it that a Ghanaian businessman had accused the commission of encroaching on his land. The man whose identity is yet to be unraveled visited the place last week, and presented evidence that he is the real owner of the land.
However, he was said to have returned to the site on Friday in the company of armed men who supervised the demolition.
Having waited for hours with no words from Ghanian President, Onyema via his verified twitter handle, said:
“We strongly condemn two outrageous criminal attacks in Accra, #Ghana, on a residential building in our diplomatic premises by unknown persons in which a bulldozer was used to demolish the building.
“We are engaging with the Ghanaian government and we demand urgent action to find the perpetuators and provide adequate protection for Nigerians and their properties in Ghana”.
More so, when contacted to speak on the matter, the spokesperson of the ministry, Ferdinand Nwonye, said there was no “diplomatic row between Nigeria and the Republic of Ghana”.
Nigerians have taking to various micro-blogging site, (Twitter, Facebook, etc), to condemn the attack. Many were seen calling on the international bodies to look into the matter.
As at the time of filling this report, the government of Ghana is yet to react or issue a statement on the matter.