Policeman raped me till dawn for not wearing nose mask, widow cries

Policeman raped me till dawn for not wearing nose mask, widow narrates
Police Badge

A 32-year-old widow on Wednesday disclosed that a policeman attached to Sakpenwa Police Division, Tai Local Government Area of Rivers State, allegedly abducted her on Tuesday night to a guess house where she was raped at gunpoint after arresting her for not wearing nose masks.

This came as a Human rights defender, Prince Wiro, charged the Police Command in Rivers state to investigate and prosecute its personnel accused of raping the widow.

While narrating her ordeal, she stated that, “I was returning from Bori to Port Harcourt when I met some police officers at a checkpoint. They arrested me for not wearing a nose mask. They kept me long there with them.

“Thereafter they carried me from one place to the other, claiming they want to take me to the police station, but never took me to any police station.

“After some time, they took me to a guest house where one of them raped me till dawn. His name is Inspector Peter Iba of Sakpenwa Police Station.”

READ ALSO: Lagos Curfew: Driver crushes Policeman to death along Lekki-Epe Expressway

Meanwhile, Wiro, in response to the allegations, mandated the Police Command in the state to as a matter of urgency, commence an inquest into the alleged rape of the widow by a serving officer.

“There is no justification for the punishment of rape to be meted out to a woman because she flouted Rivers State Government order on the use of nose masks. I expect the police to take this matter seriously.

“You know there’s a recent order from the Inspector General of Police charging every Command to do everything possible to make rape a thing of the past in the society.”

The victim had on the spur of the moment on Tuesday raised alarm in a text message posted on a WhatsApp media platform where she lamented, “I have been taken to a guess house just because of N100 face mask.

“I can’t believe this is happening to me. He wants to sleep with me. I am dying. He wouldn’t let me pick any call. He threatened to seize my phone.”

Meanwhile, the Police Command is yet to react to the development as at the time of press.

However, a source from the command told iBrandTV that they are preparing an official statement to the matter.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.