Joshua Vs Pulev: I’ll donate half of my money to Coronavirus medics – Pulev

International Boxing Federation, IBF’s, challenger Kubrat Pulev has said he will donate half of his purse from the world heavyweight title fight against Anthony Joshua to help medical workers fight the “devilish” Coronavirus COVID-19.

The fight was originally scheduled for June 20 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London has been postponed due to the pandemic.

It was gathered that the 38-year-old Bulgarian is expected to earn around five million dollars from the fight.

READ ALSO: Anthony Joshua’s Heavyweight Title Defence Postponed Over COVID-19

“I will donate 50 per cent of the money I earn from the match with Joshua to the tireless heroes in the fight against the coronavirus.

“I will give doctors, nurses and hospitals the necessary equipment to deal with this devilish virus,” ” Pulev told German daily Bild on Sunday.

Last month Pulev said the fight would take place “towards the end of the year” due to the outbreak and that he would have no problem fighting without spectators in attendance.

Pulev, one of Bulgaria’s most popular sportsmen, had previously challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014.

But he lost then to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg, when he was knocked out in the fifth round.

The 30-year-old Joshua reclaimed the WBA, WBO and IBF belts with a unanimous points win over Andy Ruiz Jr in December.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.