The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the final list of approved presidential candidates for the 2023 general elections, in line with the 2023 elections timetable earlier released in the year.
INEC’s National Commissioner in Charge of Voters’ Education, Festus Okoye, in a statement on Tuesday, announced the names of the approved 36 presidential candidates and the running mates of 18 political parties.
Here is the list of approved presidential candidates as released by the INEC.
- Bola Tinubu/Kashim Shettima (APC)
- Atiku Abubakar/Ifeanyi Okowa (PDP)
- Peter Obi/Dati Baba-Ahmed (LP)
- Imumolen Christopher/Bello Maru (AP)
- Almustapha Hamza/Johnson Chukwuka (AA)
- Sowore Omoyele/Magashi Garba (AAC)
- Kachikwu Dumebi/Buhari Ahmed (ADC)
- Sani Yusuf/Udo Okor (ADP)
- Umeadi Chukwudi/Mohammed Koli (APGA)
- Ojei Chichi/Ibrahim Mohammed (APM)
- Nnadi Osita/Hamisu Isa (APP)
- Adenuga Oluwafemi/Mustapha Turaki (BP)
- Rabiu Kwankwaso/Idahosa Isaac (NNPP)
- Osakwe Johnson/Kyabo Muhammad (NRM)
- Abiola Kolawole/Zego Haruna (PRP)
- Adebayo Adewole Ebenezer/Buhari Yusuf (SDP)
- Ado-Ibrahim Abdulmalik/Enyinna Michael Kasarachi (YPP)
- Nwanyanwu Daniel/Abubakar Jibrin (ZLP)
Meanwhile, all the party’s presidential candidates would be free to commence campaign for the forth coming general elections from September 28, 2022 as announced by INEC