Super Eagles and Lille OSC striker, Victor Osimhen on Thursday, denied reports saying he has signed a 5-year deal with Italian club, Napoli.
iBrandTV had earlier reported that the lanky forward recently lost his life father in Nigeria.
However, Osimhen, told German-based journalist, Oma Akatugba in a chat that he finds the reports sickening, disrespectful and unprofessional.
He described the story as fake and said he will let everyone know when he makes a move.
READ ALSO: Osimhen: I’m not leaving Lille
According to Osimhen, “A lot of fake news about me agreeing a deal with Napoli is sickening for real. I’m surprised at the journalists, that say they are professionals.
“I find it amazing. Please disregard any fake news, when it’s time for my transfer, you’ll hear from me directly.”
Several news outlets ran on the story of Osimhen’s move to the Italian club. The former Royal Sporting Charleroi attacker was voted Lille Player of the Year some days ago, after scoring 13 league goals in the league before its cancellation over COVID-19.