Coronavirus: FG tells Nigerians not to travel to China, in new travel advisory
By Anthony Okafor
ABUJA—THE Federal Government yesterday advised Nigerians to suspend any plans to visit China for now in view of raging case of Coronavirus in the Asian country.
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, gave the advice in Abuja on Wednesday, while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa Abuja.
The Health Minister said that he briefed the Council and gave an update on the outbreak of Coronavirus.
He said that after his presentation, the FEC approved a travel advisory for Nigerians, stating clearly that all travel plans to China be stopped in the meantime.
According to him, the advisory also directed all returnees to Nigeria from China to be quarantined outdoors within a period of two weeks before fully interacting with their families, adding that the two weeks would be used to monitor possible symptoms on the bodies of the returnees.
Besides, he said that the federal government has also directed all airlines flying into Nigeria to report any passenger with signs of illness to airport authorities upon landing at any airport in the country.
He said that all disease control and monitoring agencies in the country had been alerted to be on the look out for any sings of the infection.