Buratai gifts house to 85-year-old ex-soldier evicted by Kaduna Govt

The Nigerian army presented a 3-bedroom house to an 85-year-old retired Warrant Officer, Paul Ojo, who was evicted from his home by the Kaduna State Government.

Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, made the presentation yesterday to Ojo who had been sacked from his former residence at Kabala Costain Kaduna on August 17.

Buratai, who was represented by the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division Nigerian Army Kaduna, Maj.-Gen Usman Muhammad, said the circumstances surrounding Ojo’s eviction moved him.

He said, “I was emotionally touched by your plight and consequently directed that an alternative permanent accommodation be secured for you and your family.

READ ALSO: How 2 Police officer died, others injured, as trailer ran into Oshiomole’s convoy

“Pursuant to this, we were able to secure a more befitting house.

“It is thus my pleasure to formally present this 3-bedroom house to you as a mark of goodwill and uncommon gesture.

“The Nigerian Army had always demonstrated its willingness to impact on personnel welfare and that of their families.

“It is hoped that this gesture will encourage you to continue to uphold the positive tenets of the Nigerian Army as you live in peace and harmony with members of the civil society.”

Ojo thanked the army for the gesture, and prayed for peace for the Nation.

He said, “I don’t know how to thank him, but Almighty God will give us peace to rule Nigeria well, the peace that our soldiers will not be facing this type of thing.

“Without notice or anything, I was ejected and I thank God the ejection has turned into glory, thank you very much the Chief of Army Staff for what you have done to me.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.