Following the reported incident on Thursday at the Presidential villa, Presidency has in a riposte said that critics are using minor occurrence to criticise President Muhammadu Buhari.
There were gun shots at the villa, which led to some arrest. Report had it that Buhari’s aide who had been outside for sometimes came back on Thursday and was instructed to observe 14 days isolation.
It was reported that he refused and in the process of letting him know the implication, gunshots were heard. When inquired, IbrandTv gathered that the gunshots were from Buhari’s aide and Aisha Buhari’s security details.
Many Nigerians have reacted to the story. Many have gave Mr President hard knock while few have defended him.
In view of that, President through Garba Shehu, said:
“The Presidency wishes to acknowledge concerns expressed by several members of the public regarding the recent incident among the occupants of the State House which escalation led to the arrest of some staff by the police.
This is to assure all and everyone that the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Muhammadu Buhari, is not, and was not at anytime in any form of danger arising, either from deadly infections or the reported incident by security personnel which is currently under investigation.
This particular incident happened outside the main residence of the President.
Armed guards and other security personnel assigned to the State House receive the necessary training of especially weapons handling and where they come short, their relevant agencies have their rules and regulations to immediately address them.
Having authorized the proper investigation to be carried out into this unfortunate incident by the Police, the President has acted in compliance with the rule of law.
That a minor occurrence is being used by some critics to justify attacks on the government and the person of President Muhammadu Buhari beggars belief.
In this particular instance, the President says the law should be allowed to take its course.”