40 year old man takes Covid-19 to Kebbi, as state records first case

The Kebbi Government has announced the first index case of Covid-19 in the state of the 13 samples sent to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Abuja for test.

Gov Atiku Bagudu, made the disclosure on Sunday while briefing newsmen in Birnin Kebbi.

He said the victim had been sent to isolation centre, while a team of medical experts were working to trace contacts of the victims.

READ ALSO: Buhari expresses sadness over passing of Sarkin Malaman Sokoto

“The victim is a 40 year old man with a travel history to Lagos State.

“I, therefore, urge people of the state to continue observing the precautionary measures against COVID-19, including washing of hands, social distances, use of face masks and use of hand sanitizer.

“We are also to avoid crowd and all forms of public gathering,”he said.

Bagudu commended the state task force on COVID-19 and other health personnel for ensuring the state remained free from the pandemic.

The governor further advised the people of the state not to panic and continue to observe personal hygiene.

ibrandtv.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.