Following the removal of the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Managing Director, Usman Gur Mohammed, the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies (SSAEAC), has highlighted 10 development that led to his removal.
The association alleged that they foresaw this when they exposed his background and character which they claimed he covered up with a falsified Curriculum Vitae that misled the government.
In a press statement made available to iBrandTV, the association sent a heartfelt appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari, and the Ministers of Power, for liberating the hub of power sectors (TCN) from the stranglehold of a despot by relieving the former MD of his misfit position.
“We are glad that the truth has prevailed with the announcement of the removal of recalcitrant and insubordinate MD TCN, which is a welcome relief to TCN staff and power sector operators.
“We highlight his impunities as follows:
1. Abandonment of TCN structure for cronyism and nepotism.
2. Manipulation of procurement processes with attendant financial fleecing of TCN.
3. Clearing and diversion of over 700 Containers from the ports without documentation of contents.
4. Loss of 20 power transformers and substations worth over N30B in just over three years, a humongous loss to Nigeria.
4. Connivance with compromised staff to fleece TCN of assets and resources.
5. Destruction of unionism through sponsorship of internal crises.
6. Connivance and use of a union to act as his blackmail machinery against government and his superiors.
7. Quarrelsomeness with Co-sector operators with uncouth language and character.
8. Enslavement of workers by instigating spying and reporting on each other – working in fear of his victimization.
9. Abuse of his power in dispensing official rights of workers like foreign medical trips.
10. General emasculation of rights of all except through intimidation and harassment.
“The atrocities of this man are numerous and have just been cut short ignominiously, to the relief of the sector. We shall be pressing for his investigation and prosecution.
“It was a removal of disorder, arrogance, insubordination, impunity and turmoil in the sector as characterized by his tenure since Feb 2017.
“All Nigerians should, therefore, look forward to improved services in TCN since workers are liberated from the fear stranglehold of the man aimed at personal gains. Terror and gangsterism is gone in TCN!,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, calls and messages sent to Mohammed about the development were not responded to.